The Commons – a recently completed multi award winning boutique apartment building in central Brunswick – a sustainable building setting a new benchmark like no other. Designed and built as Melbourne’s finest and first 8 star energy rated complex.
Perfectly positioned on the top floor and boasting sensational city views, this amazing apartment blends the charm and character of a period warehouse with the latest modern comforts; all without compromising the genuine environmental sustainable features.
The façade blends rustic recycled bricks from the original warehouse with the warmth of natural timber – this theme continues within the apartment with lofty raw concrete ceilings, recycled timber floor boards, copper, brass, steel and raw timber blending seamlessly to create a beautiful home.
The entire roof top garden provides a great communal meeting place and incorporates BBQ facilities, individual timber planter boxes to grow your own herbs and veggies and boasts impressive views of Melbourne’s city skyline. The roof top garden and north facing vertical vegetation counters the urban heat island effect and naturally cools the building.
Additional features and benefits to the occupier:
• Sizeable private south facing terrace off the living room
• Freestanding gas oven and five burner cook top with central wok burner
• Dishwasher and built-in entertainment cabinet with discreet cable trunking
• Impressive thick double glazed windows with exceptional sound proofing and insulation attributes – all openable for cross ventilation and fresh flowing air
• High security entrance with video intercom system
• Gas boosted solar hot water and hydronic heating
• Grey water and rain water storage tanks
• Dedicated bicycle storage and lockable storage cage
• Commercial grade community laundry and old fashion roof top clothes line
• Photovoltaic panels for free electricity generation (common area only)
• Popular Steam Junkies café opposite lobby
• Cult of the Vine specialty wine tasting and shop opposite lobby
• I Love Dumplings restaurant less than a minute away on Breese Street
Local fresh food markets, restaurants, café and public transportation almost on your doorstep (only minutes away).