The Commons - a recently completed boutique apartment building in central Brunswick - a sustainable building setting a new benchmark like no other. Designed and built as Melbourne's finest and first 8 star energy rated complex.
Perfectly positioned on the first floor and boasting a southern orientation with city views, this amazing apartment blends the charm and character of a period warehouse with the latest modern comforts; all without compromising the genuine environmentally sustainable features.
The facade blends rustic recycled bricks from the original warehouse with the warmth of natural timber - this theme continues within the apartment with lofty raw concrete ceilings, recycled timber floor boards, copper, brass, steel and raw timber blending seamlessly to create a beautiful home.
The entire roof top garden provides a great communal meeting place and incorporates BBQ facilities, individual timber planter boxes to grow your own herbs and veggies and boasts impressive views of Melbourne's city skyline. The roof top garden and north facing vertical vegetation counters the urban heat island effect and naturally cools the building.
Additional features and benefits to the occupier:
- Sizeable private south facing terrace off the living room
- Private, iInternal light well courtyard feeding light and space into the unit, filled with mature plants
- Additional north facing balcony adjoining second bedroom
- Freestanding gas oven and five burner cook top with central wok burner
- Dishwasher and built-in entertainment cabinet with discreet cable trunking
- Impressive thick double glazed windows with exceptional sound proofing and insulation attributes - all openable for cross ventilation and fresh flowing air
- Bespoke designer lighting, fitted by the tenant
- Large built in wardrobe
- High security entrance with video intercom system
- Gas boosted solar hot water and hydronic heating
- Grey water and rain water storage tanks
- Dedicated bicycle storage and lockable storage cage
- Go Get Car Share membership
- Commercial grade community laundry and old fashioned roof top clothes line
- Photovoltaic panels for free electricity generation (common area only)
- Ground floor Steam Junkies cafe and separate Yoga studio and massage centre
- Artists' studios to commence operation shortly
Local fresh food markets, restaurants, cafe and public transportation almost on your doorstep (only minutes away).
Look forward to genuine savings on utility cost - pay no gas bill, no heating bills*
,no laundry expenses (with the exception of washing powder)
*only applies if the hydronic heating panels are used exclusively.