This recently completed development represents a significant advance in environmental sustainable design. Every aspect of The Commons was designed so that residents can benefit from the latest innovative principles.
The apartment is perfectly positioned on the north side and enjoys an abundance of natural light and sweeping views of Brunswick's industrial heritage. The home blends the charm and character of a period warehouse with the latest modern comforts; all without compromising the genuine environmental sustainable features.
The facade blends rustic recycled bricks from the original warehouse with the warmth of natural timber - this theme continues within the apartment with lofty raw concrete ceilings, recycled timber floor boards, copper, brass, steel and raw timber blending seamlessly to create a beautiful home.
The entire roof top garden provides a great communal meeting place and incorporates BBQ facilities, individual timber planter boxes to grow your own herbs and veggies and boasts impressive views of Melbourne's city skyline. The roof top garden and north facing vertical vegetation counters the urban heat island effect and naturally cools the building.
Additional features and benefits to the occupier:
- Sizeable private north facing terrace with garden bed
- Freestanding Smeg gas oven and five burner cook top with central wok burner
hidden Fisher and Paykel dishwasher
- Impressive thick double glazed windows with exceptional sound proofing and insulation attributes - all openable for cross ventilation and fresh flowing air
- High security entrance with video intercom system
- Gas boosted solar hot water and hydronic heating
- Grey water and rain water storage tanks
- Dedicated bicycle storage and lockable storage cage
- Go Get Car Share with free membership and 12 hours driving credit
- Commercial grade community laundry and old fashion roof top clothes line
- Photovoltaic panels for free electricity generation
- Ground floor cafe and artists' studios to commence operation shortly
Local fresh food markets, restaurants, cafe and public transportation almost on your doorstep (only minutes away).